great questions, weide.  in addition, i'd also like to hear more about how
to horizontally scale a spark-streaming cluster.

i've gone through the samples (standalone mode) and read the documentation,
but it's still not clear to me how to scale this puppy out under high load.
 i assume i add more receivers (kinesis, flume, etc), but physically how
does this work?

@TD:  can you comment?

thanks!

-chris