I am not 100% sure of the functionality in Catalyst, probably the easiest
way to see what it supports is to look at
SqlParser.scala<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/catalyst/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/catalyst/SqlParser.scala>in
GIT.  Straight away I can see "
LIKE", "RLIKE" and "REGEXP" so clearly some of the basics are in there.

As the saying goes ... *"Use the source, Luke!
<http://blog.codinghorror.com/learn-to-read-the-source-luke/>"*   :o)
ᐧ

*Michael Cutler*
Founder, CTO

*Mobile: +44 789 990 7847Email:   mich...@tumra.com <mich...@tumra.com>Web:
    tumra.com <http://tumra.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email>*
*Visit us at our offices in Chiswick Park <http://goo.gl/maps/abBxq>*
*Registered in England & Wales, 07916412. VAT No. 130595328*

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may also
be privileged. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy,
print, distribute or rely on this email.