Hi Andrea,

What version of Spark are you using?  There were some improvements in how
Spark uses Kryo in 0.9.1 and to-be 1.0 that I would expect to improve this.

Also, can you share your registrator's code?

Another possibility is that Kryo can have some difficulty serializing very
large objects.  Do you have a sense of how large the serialized items in
your RDD are?

Andrew