I'm thrilled to announce the availability of Spark 1.0.0! Spark 1.0.0
is a milestone release as the first in the 1.0 line of releases,
providing API stability for Spark's core interfaces.

Spark 1.0.0 is Spark's largest release ever, with contributions from
117 developers. I'd like to thank everyone involved in this release -
it was truly a community effort with fixes, features, and
optimizations contributed from dozens of organizations.

This release expands Spark's standard libraries, introducing a new SQL
package (SparkSQL) which lets users integrate SQL queries into
existing Spark workflows. MLlib, Spark's machine learning library, is
expanded with sparse vector support and several new algorithms. The
GraphX and Streaming libraries also introduce new features and
optimizations. Spark's core engine adds support for secured YARN
clusters, a unified tool for submitting Spark applications, and
several performance and stability improvements. Finally, Spark adds
support for Java 8 lambda syntax and improves coverage of the Java and
Python API's.

Those features only scratch the surface - check out the release notes here:
http://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-1-0-0.html

Note that since release artifacts were posted recently, certain
mirrors may not have working downloads for a few hours.

- Patrick