nilmish,

To confirm your code is using kryo, go to the web ui of your application
(defaults to :4040) and look at the environment tab.  If your serializer
settings are there then things should be working properly.

I'm not sure how to confirm that it works against typos in the setting, but
you can at least confirm that the setting is making it to the application
with that webui.

Cheers,
Andrew