Thank you for the response. If it helps at all: I demoed the Spark platform
for our data science team today. The idea of moving code from batch
testing, to Machine Learning systems, GraphX, and then to near-real time
models with streaming was cheered by the team as an efficiency they would
love.  That said, most folks, on our team are Python junkies, and they love
that Spark seems to be committing to Python, and would REALLY love to see
Python in Streaming, it would feel complete for them from a platform
standpoint. It is still awesome using Scala, and many will learn that, but
that full Python integration/support, if possible, would be a home run.