I have a log4j.xml in src/main/resources with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";>
    [...]
    <root>
        <priority value ="warn" />
        <appender-ref ref="Console" />
    </root>
</log4j:configuration>

and that is included in the jar I package with `sbt assembly`. That
works fine for me, at least on the driver.

Tobias