As a new user, I can definitely say that my experience with Spark has
been rather raw.  The appeal of interactive, batch, and in between all
using more or less straight Scala is unarguable.  But the experience
of deploying Spark has been quite painful, mainly about gaps between
compile time and run time to the JVM, due to dependency conflicts,
having to use uber jars, Spark's own uber jar which includes some very
old libs, etc.

What's more, there's very little resources available to help.  Some
times I've been able to get help via public sources, but, more often
than not, it's been trial and error.  Enough that, despite Spark's
unmistakable appeal, we are seriously considering dropping it entirely
and just doing a classical Hadoop.