Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 11:44:27 -0700
From: nicholas.cham...@gmail.com
To: u...@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: How should I add a jar?

I’m just starting to use the Scala version of Spark’s shell, and I’d like to
add in a jar I believe I need to access Twitter data live, twitter4j. I’m
confused over where and how to add this jar in.

SPARK-1089 mentions two environment variables, SPARK_CLASSPATH and ADD_JARS.
SparkContext also has an addJar method and a jars property, the latter of which
does not have an associated doc.

What’s the difference between all these jar-related things, and what do I need
to do to add this Twitter jar in correctly?
Nick
​