Yes, there are a few bugs in the UI in the event of a node failure.

The duplicated stages in both the active and completed tables should be
fixed by this PR: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/1262
The fact that the progress bar on the stages page displays an overflow
(e.g. 5/4) is still an open issue, but a related PR fixed the tasks page
side of it: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/1236 (merged)

Keep reporting any additional anomalies you observe (or better yet, file a
JIRA here <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK>)!