Tnks to both for the comments and the debugging suggestion, I will try to
use.

Regarding you comment, yes I do agree the current solution was not efficient
but for using the saveToCassandra method I need an RDD thus the paralelize
method. I finally got direct by Piotr to use the CassandraConnect and got
this fixed in the meantime.
Bottom line is I started using the new Cassandra Spark driver with async
calls, prepared statements and batch executions on the node transformation
and performance improved greatly.

tnks,
Rod