Hi Xiangrui,

Yes I am using Spark v0.9 and am not running it in local mode.

I did the memory setting using "export SPARK_MEM=4G" before starting the  Spark
instance.

Also previously, I was starting it with -c 1 but changed it to -c 12 since
it is a 12 core machine. It did bring down the time taken to less than 200
seconds from over 700 seconds.

I am not sure how to repartition the data to match the CPU cores. How do I
do it?

Thank you.

Ravi