The default # of partitions is the # of cores, correct?

On 7/18/14, 10:53 AM, Yanbo Liang wrote:
check how many partitions in your program.
If only one, change it to more partitions will make the execution parallel.

    I am running my program on a spark cluster but when I look into my
    UI while
    the job is running I see that only one worker does most of the
    tasks. My
    cluster has one master and 4 workers where the master is also a
    worker.

    I want my task to complete as quickly as possible and I believe
    that if the
    number of tasks were to be divided equally among the workers, the
    job will
    be completed faster.

    Is there any way I can customize the umber of job on each worker?

<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/file/n10160/Question.png>