Yeah, the document may not be precisely aligned with latest code, so the best
way is to check the code.

-----Original Message-----
From: Haopu Wang [mailto:hw...@qilinsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:56 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: RE: "spark.streaming.unpersist" and "spark.cleaner.ttl"

Jerry, thanks for the response.

For the default storage level of DStream, it looks like Spark's document is
wrong. In this link:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-programming-guide.html#memory-tuning
It mentions:
"Default persistence level of DStreams: Unlike RDDs, the default persistence
level of DStreams serializes the data in memory (that is,
StorageLevel.MEMORY_ONLY_SER for DStream compared to StorageLevel.MEMORY_ONLY
for RDDs). Even though keeping the data serialized incurs higher
serialization/deserialization overheads, it significantly reduces GC pauses."

I will take a look at DStream.scala although I have no Scala experience.