Bill,

Spark Streaming's DStream provides overloaded methods for transform() and
foreachRDD() that allow you to access the timestamp of a batch:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.DStream

I think the timestamp is the end of the batch, not the beginning. For
example, I compute runtime taking the difference between now() and the time
I get as a parameter in foreachRDD().

Tobias