I have the streaming program writing sequence files. I can find one of the
files and load it in the shell using:

scala> val rdd = sc.sequenceFile[String,
Int]("tachyon://localhost:19998/files/WordCounts/20140724-213930")
14/07/24 21:47:50 INFO storage.MemoryStore: ensureFreeSpace(32856) called
with curMem=0, maxMem=309225062
14/07/24 21:47:50 INFO storage.MemoryStore: Block broadcast_0 stored as
values to memory (estimated size 32.1 KB, free 294.9 MB)
rdd: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[(String, Int)] = MappedRDD[1] at sequenceFile
at <console>:12

So I got some type information, seems good.

It took a while to research but I got the following streaming code to
compile and run:

val wordCounts = ssc.fileStream[String, Int, SequenceFileInputFormat[String,
Int]](args(0))

It works now and I offer this for reference to anybody else who may be
curious about saving sequence files and then streaming them back in.

Question:
When running both streaming programs at the same time using spark-submit I
noticed that only one app would really run. To get the one app to continue I
had to stop the other app. Is there a way to get these running
simultaneously?