Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:27:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Spark SQL and Hive tables
From: chiling...@gmail.com
To: user@spark.apache.org

Hi Sameer,
Maybe this page will help you:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-programming-guide.html#hive-tables

Best Regards,
Jerry

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Sameer Tilak <ssti...@live.com> wrote:

Hi All,I am trying to load data from Hive tables using Spark SQL. I am using
spark-shell. Here is what I see:
val trainingDataTable = sql("""SELECT prod.prod_num, demographics.gender,
demographics.birth_year, demographics.income_group  FROM prod p JOIN
demographics d ON d.user_id = p.user_id""")

14/07/25 14:18:46 INFO Analyzer: Max iterations (2) reached for batch
MultiInstanceRelations14/07/25 14:18:46 INFO Analyzer: Max iterations (2)
reached for batch CaseInsensitiveAttributeReferences
java.lang.RuntimeException: Table Not Found: prod.
I have these tables in hive. I used show tables command to confirm this. Can
someone please let me know how do I make them accessible here?