ankurdave wrote
>     val g = ...
>     val newG = g.mapVertices((id, attr) => id)
>     // newG.vertices has type VertexRDD[VertexId], or RDD[(VertexId,
> VertexId)]

Yes, that worked perfectly.  Thanks much.

One follow-up question.  If I just wanted to get those values into a vanilla
variable (not a VertexRDD or Graph or ...) so I could easily look at them in
the REPL, what would I do?  Are the aggregate data structures inside the
VertexRDD/Graph/... Arrays or Lists or what, or do I even need to know/care?

Thanks.        Steve