This is all that I see related to spark.MapOutputTrackerMaster in the master
logs after OOME

14/08/21 13:24:45 ERROR ActorSystemImpl: Uncaught fatal error from thread
[spark-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-27] shutting down ActorSystem [spark]
Exception in thread "Thread-59" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Error
communicating with MapOutputTracker
        at
org.apache.spark.MapOutputTracker.askTracker(MapOutputTracker.scala:108)
        at
org.apache.spark.MapOutputTracker.sendTracker(MapOutputTracker.scala:114)
        at
org.apache.spark.MapOutputTrackerMaster.stop(MapOutputTracker.scala:319)
        at org.apache.spark.SparkEnv.stop(SparkEnv.scala:82)
        at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.stop(SparkContext.scala:984)
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.ApplicationMaster$$anon$1.run(ApplicationMaster.scala:449)
Caused by: akka.pattern.AskTimeoutException:
Recipient[Actor[akka://spark/user/MapOutputTracker#112553370]] had already been
terminated.
        at akka.pattern.AskableActorRef$.ask$extension(AskSupport.scala:134)
        at
org.apache.spark.MapOutputTracker.askTracker(MapOutputTracker.scala:104)

> 2.Erery excutor will processing 10+TB/2000 = 5G data. ReduceByKey will
> create a hashtable of unique lines form this 5G data and keep it in memory.
> it is maybe exceeed 16G .

So you mean the master gets that information from individual nodes and keeps it
in memory?