Hi,

I am exploring GraphX library and trying to determine which usecases make
most sense for/with it. From what I initially thought, it looked like
GraphX could be applied to data stored in RDBMSs as Spark could translate
the relational data into graphical representation. However, there seems to
be no conversation and everything presented in GraphX implementations
AFAIK, works on vertices and edges. So does it mean that GraphX is only
relevant when the backend is a GDBMS?

Does this "We introduce GraphX, which combines the advantages of both
data-parallel and graph-parallel systems by efficiently expressing graph
computation within the Spark data-parallel framework. We leverage new ideas
in distributed graph representation to efficiently distribute graphs as
tabular data-structures. Similarly, we leverage advances in data-flow
systems to exploit in-memory computation and fault-tolerance." mean that
GraphX makes the typical RDBMS operations possible even when the data is
persisted in a GDBMS and not viceversa?

regards
Sunita