Hi,

I am contemplating the use of Hadoop with Java 8 in a production system. I
will be using Apache Spark for doing most of the computations on data stored
in HBase.

Although Hadoop seems to support JDK 8 with some tweaks, the official HBase
site states the following for version 0.98,

Running with JDK 8 works but is not well tested. Building with JDK 8 would
require removal of the deprecated remove() method of the PoolMap class and
is under consideration. See ee HBASE-7608 for more information about JDK 8
support.

I am inclined towards using JDK 8 specifically for the support of lambda
expressions which will take a lot of verbosity out of my Spark
programs(Scala learning curve is a deterrent for me as a possible bottleneck
for future talent acquisition).

Is it a good idea to use Spark/Hadoop/HBase combo with Java 8 at the moment?

Thanks,
Jatin