TD - Apologies, didn't realize I was replying to you instead of the list.

What does "numPartitions" refer to when calling createStream? I read an
earlier thread that seemed to suggest that numPartitions translates to
partitions created on the Spark side?
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-spark-user/201407.mbox/%3ccaph-c_o04j3njqjhng5ho281mqifnf3k_r6coqxpqh5bh6a...@mail.gmail.com%3E

Actually, I re-tried with 64 numPartitions in createStream and that didn't
work. I will manually set "repartition" to 64/128 and see how that goes.

Thanks.