Thanks, Shivaram.

No specific use case yet. We try to use R in our project as data scientest are
all knowing R. We had a concern that how R handles the mass data. Spark does a
better work on big data area, and Spark ML is focusing on predictive analysis
area. Then we are thinking whether we can merge R and Spark together. We tried
SparkR and it is pretty easy to use. But we didn’t see any feedback on this
package in industry. It will be better if Spark team has R support just like
scala/Java/Python.

Another question is that MLlib will re-implement all famous data mining
algorithms in Spark, then what is the purpose of using R?

There is another technique for us H2O which support R natively. H2O is more
friendly to data scientist. I saw H2O can also work on Spark (Sparkling Water).
 It is better than using SparkR?

Thanks and Regards.

Kui