When I start the thrift server (on Spark 1.1 RC4) via:
./sbin/start-thriftserver.sh --master spark://hostname:7077 --driver-class-path
$CLASSPATH

It appears that the thrift server is starting off of localhost as opposed to
hostname.  I have set the spark-env.sh to use the hostname, modified the
/etc/hosts for the hostname, and it appears to work properly.

But when I start the thrift server, connectivity can only be via
localhost:10000 as opposed to hostname:10000.

Any ideas on what configurations I may be setting incorrectly here?

Thanks!
Denny