Hello all,

I'm trying to run a Driver on my local network with a deployment on EC2 and
it's not working. I was wondering if either the master or slave instances
(in standalone) connect back to the driver program.

I outlined the details of my observations in a previous post but here is
what I'm seeing:

I have v1.1.0 installed (the new tag) on ec2 using the spark-ec2 script.
I have the same version of the code built locally.
I edited the master security group to allow inbound access from anywhere to
7077 and 8080.
I see a connection take place.
I see the workers fail with a timeout when any job is run.
The master eventually removes the driver's job.

I supposed this makes sense if there's a requirement for either the worker
or the master to be on the same network as the driver. Is that the case?

Thanks
Jim