I wrote an input format for Redshift's tables unloaded UNLOAD the
ESCAPE option: https://github.com/mengxr/redshift-input-format , which
can recognize multi-line records.

Redshift puts a backslash before any in-record `\\`, `\r`, `\n`, and
the delimiter character. You can apply the same escaping before
calling saveAsTextFIle, then use the input format to load them back.

Xiangrui