Hi,

I am wondering: Is it possible to run spark-submit in a mode where it will
start an application on a YARN cluster (i.e., driver and executors run on
the cluster) and then forget about it in the sense that the Spark
application is completely independent from the host that ran the
spark-submit command and will not be affected if that controlling machine
shuts down etc.? I was using spark-submit with YARN in cluster mode, but
spark-submit stayed in the foreground and as far as I understood, it
terminated the application on the cluster when spark-submit was Ctrl+C'ed.

Thanks
Tobias