From: Aniket Bhatnagar [mailto:aniket.bhatna...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 9:01 PM
To: innowireless TaeYun Kim
Cc: user
Subject: Re: Bulk-load to HBase

I have been using saveAsNewAPIHadoopDataset but I use TableOutputFormat instead
of HFileOutputFormat. But, hopefully this should help you:

val hbaseZookeeperQuorum = s"$zookeeperHost:$zookeeperPort:$zookeeperHbasePath"

val conf = HBaseConfiguration.create()

conf.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", hbaseZookeeperQuorum)

conf.set(TableOutputFormat.QUORUM_ADDRESS, hbaseZookeeperQuorum)

conf.set(TableOutputFormat.QUORUM_PORT, zookeeperPort.toString)

conf.setClass("mapreduce.outputformat.class",
classOf[TableOutputFormat[Object]], classOf[OutputFormat[Object, Writable]])

conf.set(TableOutputFormat.OUTPUT_TABLE, tableName)

val rddToSave: RDD[(Array[Byte], Array[Byte], Array[Byte])] = ... // Some RDD
that contains row key, column qualifier and data

val putRDD = rddToSave.map(tuple => {

    val (rowKey, column data) = tuple

    val put: Put = new Put(rowKey)

    put.add(COLUMN_FAMILY_RAW_DATA_BYTES, column, data)

    (new ImmutableBytesWritable(rowKey), put)

})

putRDD.saveAsNewAPIHadoopDataset(conf)

On 19 September 2014 16:52, innowireless TaeYun Kim