You'll need to look at the driver output to have a better idea of
what's going on. You can use "yarn logs --applicationId blah" after
your app is finished (e.g. by killing it) to look at it.

My guess is that your cluster doesn't have enough resources available
to service the container request you're making. That will show up in
the driver as periodic messages that no containers have been allocated
yet.

Marcelo