No for me as well it is non-deterministic.  It happens in a piece of code
that does many filter and counts on a small set of records (~1k-10k).  The
originally set is persisted in memory and we have a Kryo serializer set for
it.  The task itself takes in just a few filtering parameters.  This with
the same setting has sometimes completed to sucess and sometimes failed
during this step.

Arun