From: Cheng Lian [mailto:lian.cs....@gmail.com]
Sent: 2014年9月26日 21:24
To: Haopu Wang; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark SQL question: is cached SchemaRDD storage controlled by
"spark.storage.memoryFraction"?

Yes it is. The in-memory storage used with SchemaRDD also uses RDD.cache()
under the hood.

On 9/26/14 4:04 PM, Haopu Wang wrote:

        Hi, I'm querying a big table using Spark SQL. I see very long GC time in
        some stages. I wonder if I can improve it by tuning the storage
        parameter.

        The question is: the schemaRDD has been cached with "cacheTable()"
        function. So is the cached schemaRDD part of memory storage controlled
        by the "spark.storage.memoryFraction" parameter?

        Thanks!