Can you check the loss of both LBFGS and SGD implementation? One
reason maybe SGD doesn't converge well and you can see that by
comparing both log-likelihoods. One other potential reason maybe the
label of your training data is totally separable, so you can always
increase the log-likelihood by multiply a constant to the weights.

Sincerely,

DB Tsai
My Blog: https://www.dbtsai.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dbtsai