>From the Spark Streaming Programming Guide (
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/streaming-programming-guide.html#failure-of-a-worker-node
):

*...output operations (like foreachRDD) have at-least once semantics, that
is, the transformed data may get written to an external entity more than
once in the event of a worker failure.*

I think that when a worker fails the entire graph of
transformations/actions will be reapplied again on that RDD. This means
that, in your case, both the storing operations will be executed again. For
this reason, in a video I've watched on youtube, they suggest to make all
the output operations idempotent. Obviously not always this is possible
unfortunately: e.g. you are building an analytics system and you need to
increment counters.

This is what I've got so far, anyone having a different point of view?