Hi,

I have already unsucesfully asked quiet simmilar question at stackoverflow,
particularly here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26202978/spark-and-python-trying-to-parse-wikipedia-using-gensim.
 I've also unsucessfully tryied some workaround, but unsucessfuly, workaround
problem can be found at
http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Spark-and-Python-using-generator-of-data-bigger-than-RAM-as-input-to-sc-parallelize-td15789.html.

Particularly what I'm trying to do, I have .xml dump of wikipedia as the input.
The .xml is quite big and it spreads across multiple lines. You can check it
out at
http://dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiki/latest/enwiki-latest-pages-articles.xml.bz2.
My goal is to parse this .xml in a same way as
gensim.corpora.wikicorpus.extract_pages do, implementation is at
https://github.com/piskvorky/gensim/blob/develop/gensim/corpora/wikicorpus.py.
Unfortunately this method does not work, because RDD.flatMap() process the RDD
line by line as strings.

Does anyone has some suggestion of how to possibly parse the wikipedia like
.xml loaded in RDD using Python?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, advices or hints.