Are there a large number of non-deterministic lineage operators?

This seems like a pretty big caveat, particularly for casual programmers
who expect consistent semantics between Spark and Scala.

E.g., making sure that there's no randomness what-so-ever in RDD
transformations seems critical. Additionally, shuffling operators would
usually result in changed orders, etc.

These are very easy errors to make, and if you tend to cache things, some
errors won't be detected until fault-tolerance is triggered. It would be
very helpful for programmers to have a big warning list of not-to-dos
within RDD transformations.