You could try setting "-Xcomp" for executors to force JIT compilation
upfront. I don't know if it's a good idea overall but might show
whether the upfront compilation really helps. I doubt it.

However is this almost surely due to caching somewhere, in Spark SQL
or HDFS? I really doubt hotspot makes a difference compared to these
much larger factors.