Thanks @category_theory, the post was of great help!!

I had to learn a few thing before I could understand it completely.
However, I am facing the issue of partitioning the data (using partitionBy)
without providing a hardcoded value for number of partitions. The
partitions need to be driven by data(segmentation key I am using) in my
case.

So my question is say if

the number of partitions generated by my segmentation key = 1000
the number given to the partitioner = 2000

In this case, would there be 2000 partitions created(which will break the
partition boundary of the segmentation key)? If so then sliding window will
roll over multiple partitions and computation would generate wrong results.

Thanks again for the response!!