From: "Fengyun RAO" <raofeng...@gmail.com>
To: user@spark.apache.org, u...@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:29:21 AM
Subject: Re: How to add HBase dependencies and conf with spark-submit?

+user@hbase

We use Spark 1.1, and HBase 0.98.1-cdh5.1.0, and need to read and write an
HBase table in Spark program.

I notice there are:

spark.driver.extraClassPath spark.executor.extraClassPath properties to manage
extra ClassPath, over even an deprecated SPARK_CLASSPATH.

The problem is what classpath or jars should we append?
I can simplely add the whole `hbase classpath`, which is huge,
but this leads to dependencies conflict, e.g. HBase uses guava-12 while Spark
uses guava-14.