I actually only ran into this issue recently after we upgraded to Spark
1.1.  Within the REPL for Spark 1.0 everything works fine but within the
REPL for 1.1, it is not.  FYI I am also only doing simple regex matching
functions within an RDD... Now when I am running the same code as App
everything is working fine... it leads me to believe that it is a bug
within the REPL for 1.1....

Can anyone else confirm this?

ᐧ

*JIMMY MCERLAIN*