a REAL TIME stream, by definition, delivers data every X seconds.  you can
easily do this with spark. roughly here is the way to create a stream
gobbler and attach a spark app to read its data every X seconds....

- Write a Runnable thread which reads data from a source.  Test that it
works independently.

- Add that thread into a DStream Handler, and implement onStart() such that
the thread above is launched in the onStart(), andadd logic to onStop() to
safely destroy the above thread.

- Set the window time (i.e. to 5 seconds)

- Start your spark streaming context, and run a forEachRDD (...) in your
spark app.

- MAke sure that you launch with 2 or more workers.