You can also use PairRDDFunctions' saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile that takes an
OutputFormat class.
So you will have to write a custom OutputFormat class that extends
OutputFormat. In this class, you will have to implement a getRecordWriter
which returns a custom RecordWriter.
So you will also have to write a custom RecordWriter which extends
RecordWriter which will have a write method that actually writes to the DB.