If you iterated over an RDD's partitions, I'm not sure that in
practice you would find the order matches the order they were
received. The receiver is replicating data to another node or node as
it goes and I don't know much is guaranteed about that.

If you want to permute an RDD, how about a sortBy() on a good hash
function of each value plus some salt? (Haven't thought this through
much but sounds about right.)