Hi,

I am planning to run spark on EMR. And because my application might take a
lot of memory. On EMR, I know there is a hard limit 16G physical memory on
individual mapper/reducer (otherwise I will have an exception and this is
confirmed by AWS EMR team, at least it is the spec at this moment).

And if I use Yarn on EMR, and submit the spark job to YARN, I assume the
yarn will take the responsibility to do the resource allocation, so the
limitation on the physical memory still be 16G? Is it a reasonable guess or
anyone has any experience to use more than 16G memory on the EMR for
individual executor?

And I notice that there are some examples that allocate more than 16G
memory in the doc, so if I use spark cluster by itself, I can use more
memory?

Regards,

Shuai