You need to set the spark configuration property: spark.yarn.access.namenodes
to your namenode.

e.g. spark.yarn.access.namenodes=hdfs://mynamenode:8020

Similarly, I'm curious if you're also running high availability HDFS with an
HA nameservice.

I currently have HA HDFS and kerberos and I've noticed that I must set the
above property to the currently active namenode's hostname and port. Simply
using the HA nameservice to get delegation tokens does NOT seem to work with
Spark 1.1.0 (even though I can confirm the token is acquired).

I believe this may be a bug. Unfortunately simply adding both the active and
standby name nodes does not work as this actually causes an error. This
means that when my active name node fails over, my spark configuration
becomes invalid.