Hi,
I am having trouble using the BLAS libs with the MLLib functions.  I am
using org.apache.spark.mllib.clustering.KMeans (on a single machine) and
running the Spark-shell with the kmeans example code (from
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-clustering.html)  which runs
successfully but I get the following warning in the log:

WARN netlib.BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeSystemBLAS
WARN netlib.BLAS: Failed to load implementation from:
com.github.fommil.netlib.NativeRefBLAS

I compiled spark 1.1.0 with mvn -Phadoop-2.4  -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0
-Pnetlib-lgpl -DskipTests clean package

If anyone could please clarify the steps to get the dependencies correctly
installed and visible to spark (from
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-guide.html), that would be
greatly appreciated.  Using yum, I installed blas.x86_64, lapack.x86_64,
gcc-gfortran.x86_64, libgfortran.x86_64 and then downloaded Breeze and built
that successfully with Maven.  I verified that I do have
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3 and /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3 present on the machine and
ldconf -p shows these listed.

I also tried adding /usr/lib/ to spark.executor.extraLibraryPath and I
verified it is present in the Spark webUI environment tab.   I downloaded
and compiled jblas with mvn clean install, which creates
jblas-1.2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar, and then also tried adding that to
spark.executor.extraClassPath but I still get the same WARN message. Maybe
there are a few simple steps that I am missing?  Thanks a lot.