I've also tried setting the aforementioned properties using
System.setProperty() as well as on the command line while submitting the
job using --conf key=value. All to no success. When I go to the Spark UI
and click on that particular streaming job and then the "Environment" tab,
I can see the properties are correctly set. But regardless of what I've
tried, the "stderr" log file on the worker nodes does not roll and
continues to grow...leading to a crash of the cluster once it claims 100%
of disk. Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone?