Manish and others,
A follow up question on my mind is whether there are protobuf (or other
binary format) frameworks in the vein of PMML. Perhaps scientific data
storage frameworks like netcdf, root are possible also.
I like the comprehensiveness of PMML but as you mention the complexity of
management for large models is a concern.
Cheers