I am not sure there is a direct way(an api in graphx, etc) to measure the
number of transferred vertex values among nodes during computation.

It might depend on:
- the operations in your application, e.g. only communicate with its immediate
neighbours for each vertex.
- the partition strategy you chose, wrt the vertices replication factor
- the distribution of partitions on cluster

Best,
Yifan LI
LIP6, UPMC, Paris