Use zipWithIndex but cache the data before you run zipWithIndex...that way
your ordering will be consistent (unless the bug has been fixed where you
don't have to cache the data)...

Normally these operations are used for dictionary building and so I am
hoping you can cache the dictionary of RDD[String] before you can run
zipWithIndex...

indices are within 0 till maxIndex-1...if you want 1 you have to later map
the index to index + 1