Hi Jerry,

I looked at KafkaUtils.createStream api and found actually the
spark.default.parallelism is specified in SparkConf instead. I do not
remember the exact stacks of the exception. But the exception was incurred
when createStream was called if we do not specify the
spark.default.parallelism. The error message basically shows parsing an
empty string into Int if spark.default.parallelism is not specified.

Bill